PRADHAN MANTRI AWAS YOJANA (PMAY)
Objective-PMAY & PMAY (Gramin) are launched to achieve Housing for All by 2022 Mission
1. Construct two crore houses across the nation.
2. Central grant of Rs. one lakhs per house, on an average, will be available under the slum rehabilitation programme.
3. Program will be implemented into three phase April 2015 - March 2017, April 2017 - March 2019 and April 2019 - March 2022
NATIONAL PENSION SCHEME
Objective of this scheme is to provide retirement income to all the citizens
1. ELIGIBILITY-All citizens of India between the age of 18 and 60 years can join this plan.
2. NPS is administered by the PFRDA(Pension Fund Regulatory And Development Authority)
3. NPS is divided into tier-I NPS account, Tier-ii NPS account, NPS - Swavalamban scheme
Tier I Account - Under this account, withdrawals are not allowed. It is solely meant for savings after the subscriber’s retirement.
Tier II Account - Under this account, a subscriber is free to make as many withdrawals as he or she likes at any time, similar to a regular savings account.
Swavalamban Account - In this account the Indian government contributes a sum of Rs 1,000 every year over the initial four years. The purpose of this account is to provide encouragement for workers of poor economic standing.
4. All existing members of the government's 'Swavalamban yojana ' will automatically be migrated to the Atal pension yojana. It will now replace the Swavalamban scheme
5. It provides a PRAN(permanent retirement account number)and it remains with the subscriber throughout his lifetime.
6. Flexible- NPS offers a range of investment options and choice of pension fund manager (pfms)
PRADHAN MANTRI MUDRA YOJANA(PMMY)
Full form of mudra -Mudra - Micro Units Development & Refinance Agency
Main aim of this scheme is To make youth job creators and not job seekers
This scheme help in “fund the unfunded” by bringing such enterprises to the formal financial system and extending affordable credit to them
1. It enables a small borrower to borrow loan for non-farm income generating activities.
2. 3 types of loans to be allotted by MUDRA
(i) Shishu-covering loans up to 50,000/-
(ii) Kishor-covering loans above 50,000/- and up to 5 lakhs
(iii) Tarun-covering loans above 5 lakhs and up to 10 lakhs
3.There is no subsidy for the loan given under PMMY.
RASHTRIYA UCHCHATAR SHIKSHA ABHIYAN (RUSA)
It is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS), launched in 2013 aims at providing strategic funding to eligible state higher educational institutions and funding in the ratio of 60:40 for general category States, 90:10 for special category states and 100% for union territories
Its main objective is To improve access, equity and quality in higher education through planned development of higher education at the state level and Improve the overall quality of state institutions
1. RUSA would create new universities through upgradation of existing autonomous colleges and conversion of colleges in a cluster. It would create new model degree colleges, new professional colleges and provide infrastructural support to universities and colleges.
2. It is proposed to improve the gross enrolment ratio from 19% at present to 30% by 2020.
SANSAD ADARSH GRAM YOJANA (SAANJHI)
This scheme was launched on 11th October, 2014 - Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan Ji’s birth anniversary – at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi. this scheme is Inspired by the principles and values of Mahatma Gandhi
The Main aim of this scheme is to develop three Adarsh grams (model villages) by march 2019, by each MP, of which one would be achieved by 2016. after that five such Adarsh grams (one per year) will be selected and developed by 2024.
1. Members of parliament (MPs) are the pivots this scheme will run on. Gram Panchayat would be the basic unit for development. It will have a population of 3000-5000 in plain areas and 1000-3000 in hilly, tribal and difficult areas.
2.There are no new funds and fund can be raised from existing scheme
MGNREGA-MAHATMA GANDHI NATIONAL RURAL EMPLOYMENT GUARANTEE ACT
The National Rural Employment Guarantee Act 2005 (NREGA) is a social security scheme that aims at providing employment and livelihood to rural labourers in the country.
It was later renamed the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA).
The objective of this scheme is to enhance livelihood security in rural areas by providing at least 100 days of guaranteed wage employment in a financial year to every household whose adult members volunteer to do unskilled manual work.
1. Strong social safety net for the vulnerable groups
2. If a person does not get employment within 15 days of registration, he/she becomes eligible for an unemployment allowance.
3. Sustainable development of an agricultural economy-employment on works that address drought, deforestation and soil erosion, water and soil conservation, afforestation and land development works
4. At least one-third beneficiaries shall be women